Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Toy Story Mania photos... Part 4



The first one is of the end scene that you walk through to exit the ride... Its the scene where the Midway game that you were just playing (as a toy) is laid out on the floor of Andy's house.
Last one... the lights. I lined up at 6pm and exited the ride at 9:15pm - a looooong wait indeed. Just to give you an idea of the crowds... the majority of the day, the line was between 5 and 6 hour wait (that was for one ride), and it began not all that far from the bridge as you enter the park and snaked its way through A Bugs land, zig zagged its way all over the boardwalk beside Ariels Grotto ( it was at least 3 hours from there) and then zig zagged its way for endless roped off areas all around the entrance of the ride. There was media set up all over the place (in the prime positions naturally) and you couldn't get near the talking Mr Potato Head because of the media circus. The first day pins were good, I'll post pictures tomorrow, but were on the upper end of the scale of price. I thought the regular Toy Story Mania pins that were available when I first arrived were much nicer though and am pleased I bought one then because they all but sold out today I understand.
It was quite an experience to be there on the opening day of a new ride. The waiting was interminable but in the end, the ride spoke for itself... its going to be very popular. I was cornered to do a survey when I exited the ride ( might have had something to do with the Jessie T-shirt I had on ) and I noted that there were mostly 'Excellents' given as responses. Not all that impressed with most of the merchandise though....

No comments: