Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 8: (The Block On Orange) shopping in the OC...Clueless....



Anyone seen the movie Clueless? You must have a million times like me.

I love love love that movie and if you can picture the scene where the girls hit the shopping mall and come out laden with all those lovely crisp cardboard carry bags and boxes... then superimpose my persona right there holding said bags and boxes in both arms, then you would have an accurate picture of what I looked like returning to the hotel tonight.

Exhausted but on a shoppers high like only the OC can muster.
Yep folks... I was shopping in Orange County today and what an amazing place the Block on Orange is.

Its the size of a shopping centre ( not satellite city sized but still huge) but its all outside rather than bound together by a roof, and outlet shops mingle with regular ones and all pretty much without exception were having a 'summer sale' and the bargains were just mind boggling.

Oh.... Girls.... The clothes.... the SHOES ...... (that needs saying again ) the SHOES..... and handbags and.....

OMG the lingerie....

You just know I wasn't leaving Victoria Secret without one of those gorgeous pink stripy carry bags with each delicate piece wrapped in pink tissue. Or Fredericks of Hollywood for that matter... (google it..... what can I say... some girls can't pass a handbags shop... I can't pass one with exquisite lingerie in it - thats my cross to bear)
And then there was the Guess store.... and Hollister.... and Old Navy.... and Papaya.... and Oh my giddy aunt... the list is just endless.

What a wonderland this place was.
I think I'm looking at an extra suitcase when I return home... and yep, while I was there, I popped into Flight Centre and asked about how much it was going to cost me (gulp)

I really enjoyed hopping buses (I had to change a couple of times) and seeing some of Anaheim and then the OC. What an eye opener. the shopping here in the States is wicked.

I really wished I'd had a shopping buddy ( or a sherpa ) but I still had a very satisfying day.
I had decided that I was having a bad hair day so I emerged from the hairdressing supply store with peroxide, tint brush, scissors and comb and gloves ( I'd brought my colour with me - can't take chances on having a colour disaster now can we girls) and had a complete makeover back in my room that night - the works.... colour, trim and blowdry... all for the princely sum of about $27... sometimes it pays to be an ex-hairdresser.

I was so exhausted when I got back that dinner was a Krispy Kreme (or two... oh ok... or three).

You know how just before Christmas you lay the present out and do an even up? Well, I do... anyway. I did this (and gulped for the second time today at the thought of having to get it all home) and made a list of the gifts I still needed to buy and then tried to write up the day but fell asleep at the keyboard again, so gave up and went to bed....
There's always tomorrow right?

1 comment:

spritecomics said...

Love the shoes and I don't see the problem with KK for dinner!