Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Return of the Dragon:

So here I am, 5 months after returning from my grande adventure and despite the hideously rocky road I’ve travelled since then, I have not been deterred from my overwhelming desire to see the world.As I have always been wont to do, I have various ‘maybe’ trips in pre planning. There are many variables that will influence, the where, what and how, but there is one constant… I will be heading off into the wide world for another peek sometime during the next year.This trip was the most amazing thing I have ever done. Such a monumental undertaking for a single mum who’s never travelled alone overseas. My first time in America, my first experience of having to fend for myself and I did an amazing job. The photos for me are not just a permanent reminder of where I’ve been but another of my obsessions in their own right. The pursuit of the perfect shot is something that drives me to some ridiculous lengths but it’s a passion that I cheerfully indulge …. And in case your wondering, yep… I did finally get some shots of the castle that I love and intend to add to the collection of my favourite shots on my office wall.I’d also like to make special mention of my most fabulous Southern friends, Steve, Sherri, Evelyn and Bill. Had it not been for this wonderful family, I doubt my tour experience would have been quite as rich as it was. I was welcomed into their family space with that famous Southern hospitality without a moments hesitation and I learned so much about life in the South and perfecting the art of that glorious accent that I emulated so frequently while on the tour and also for weeks after my return to the land down under was such a treat. My next visit to the US will definitely include a trip to the Southern States to visit my friends and to see their beloved Razorbacks play.

I can’t begin to express how much this trip changed my life.Not only did I see what I was capable of, but I suspect that the simple act of just experiencing life on other parts of the planet is something that will continue to be an addiction I can‘t shake.Thanks for sharing my journey, these gypsy feet will be no doubt be dancing their way through more of the world before too much longer - feel free to join me again for more of my exploits. I’ll post a link so you can join team Mushu again.
I'll also add some more of my favourite photos when time permits...

Keep smiling… it makes them wonder what you’ve been up to. ;)

Love Lisa. Xxx

No comments: